Oh man, oh man! Maw’s was in the kitchen again. She made a ton of treats over the weekend, but sent a WHOLE BUNCH of MY treats home with daughter and them 2 grandgirls. For their dog Clover. I sure hope Clover likes them, because I thought they all were mine!
That’s them two G.Kids on the ends and Paw and Maw’s daughter in the middle. Ain’t they sooooo cute?
And this here is Clover. No she doesn’t look like me…I think she looks like Stimpy! I’m only jealous cuz she has my Maw Maw’s delicious treats. We were all in the kitchen together…except for Clover – she had to stay in Indiana.
We made the most yummy treats ever! I guess when treats are made with lots of love and tender hands – they have to be delicious.
MAW & PAW Made my favorite Pumpkin Peanut Butter Treats. Read here why I love pumpkin so much!
Here’s the ingredients! Canned, pureed pumpkin; 100% Whole Wheat Flour; and Natural Peanut Butter. YUMMY!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Or if you want, skip the parchment and LIGHTLY oil your cookie sheet – the peanut butter is naturally oily so be frugal with the oil.
- You’re gonna bake these about 10 minutes. Ovens vary – so be attentive! 🙂
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 cup 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree, canned
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (Maw Maw loves King Arthur and so do I)
Here we go!
- In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter and pumpkin.
- Stir in the flour 1/4 cup at a time just until dough is no longer sticky. Maw puts the dough on her granite board and then kneads it. I love watching that! She makes it look so fun.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/4″ thick. Maw makes little bite sized treats with a plastic water bottle. INGENIOUS!! Then she places the little round treats on a baking sheet lined with the parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container or freeze for up to 3 months.
Now…I wait. And wait. And wait. For about 10 minutes…and it seems like such a long time!
Then…I eat some samples!
Well, there you have it. Daughter with G girls. Cooking in the kitchen. Me – the center of attention and loving every minute of it. Then eating the fruits (treats) of our labor. It doesn’t get any better than that…unless you include nap time!
The family was here for three days. Now that they’re gone I miss them SO much, but…THEY PLUM TUCKERED ME OUT! But I had so much fun! I can’t wait for them to come back. It was sad when they left and Maw and Paw were so sad.
It was quite an adventure…and I LOVE adventures.
Until next time…